The Sally Taylor Insurance Group
Let us do your insurance shopping
Site optimized for mobile devices
What to do if you’re in an auto accident
As insurance brokers, we advocate safety first!
We also read the headlines. Colorado is one of the fastest growing states in the country. More people means more drivers. Despite efforts to control congestion and ease traffic flow, the incidence of auto accidents is on the rise.
Being in a car accident is stressful. Even if no one is injured, the experience is unsettling. Knowing what to do before an accident happens can lessen your stress at the time of the accident and ensure that you take the necessary steps to protect yourself..
If you’re in an auto accident, follow these guidelines:
• If possible, move the involved vehicles out of traffic. Raise the hood of your car and activate the flashers to alert oncoming drivers of the situation.
• If you or other parties are injured, get medical help to the scene as quickly as possible. Call 911.
• Call the police to complete an accident report, even if there are no injuries. You want an official record of what happened.
• Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved. Get their name, phone number, and the name of their auto insurance carrier. Give them your information.
• Use your phone to take photos of the damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved. Take pictures of the scene. The stress of the accident can cloud your memory of what actually happened. Photos help to ensure accuracy and avoid the hassle of your word against the word of the other party. Photos help you to protect yourself.
• Contact your insurance agent while you’re at the scene. Hearing a professional tell you what steps to take will settle your nerves and ensure that nothing is overlooked, especially a detail that you’ll need later.
Most importantly, practice safe driving.
If you’re involved in an accident, be sure to contact us for support and directions about how to proceed. Keep your insurance card in your vehicle at all times, and keep our phone number on your phone’s contact list.
Questions? I’ve got answers. (303) 768-0000
SALLY TAYLOR INSURANCE GROUP INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY
7350 E Progress Pl Ste 100 Greenwood Village, CO 80111 - Phone: 303 768-0000 - Fax: 303 952-6558